Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Tis The Season

Its beginning to feel alot like Christmas.  While my halls are not decked, the aisles of Walmart are.  I did not hang my stocking with care, but am sure my parents took care of the task.  And my winter wonderland looks more like the aftermath of Katrina.  Still the unmistakable feel of Christmas is all around.  My breath hangs upon the frigid air, cheery cards holding wishes of yule tide joy arrive daily, and the calendar creeps ever closer toward the appointed day.

This year will be somewhat different because of my big move back to Vegas.  Going home is now a drive across town as opposed to a flight across the country.  Gifts no longer have to purchased with thoughts of their capacity to fit into a suitcase.  The holiday will be spent at home instead of the home of others.  Despite the differences, I love all that is Christmas.

Giddiness overwhelms me with the thought of finding the perfect gift for someone, I love the chance to fire up my oven and pump out cookies and treats, and cherish the opportunity to tell those in my life how much they mean to me.  Twinkling lights and tinsel clad trees will always bring a tender smile to my lips.  The season is rarified and special.

While this post may not be long, I wanted to take the opportunity to tell all of you that you are in my heart this Christmas.  I should not wait for just one day to say so, and this year my resolution is to try to change that.  Merry Christmas everyone, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment