Thursday, August 19, 2010

After 30 Years of Service

Boom, that just happened.

After years of telling myself I did not need one because I had a functioning Oster Regency, and ten days of intense drooling, I finally bought myself the ultimate kitchen indulgence.  In 7-10 business days I will be the new owner of an Empire Red KitchenAid Artisan 5 quart stand mixer.  Just thinking about my new kitchen companion has me all atingle.  Before the Big Red takes her place upon my counter, let us have a moment of silence of the one who went before.  

My parents have had this mixer since they were married in the early 80s.  It was the mixer I grew up with.  The mixer churned hard to put out our Thanksgiving mashed potatoes, every birthday cake I can remember, countless loaves of bread, numerous sauces, an abundance of pie fillings.  It was nearly ten years ago that I was bequeathed the mixer.  It was there for me as I grew into the cook I am today.  

While she was not pretty, she got the job done.  That mixer was there for my first pie crust, my first carrot cake, my first double batch of chocolate chocolate chip cookies, my homemade icing, oh the list could go on and on.  It was three years ago I broke her large glass bowl with peanut butter cookie slicked hands, but after a metal replacement, we soldiered on.  So many great memories started with the soft fop of a cake mix into the bottom of the bowl, or the crack of an egg, or licking the beaters clean of my latest concoction. I will miss you my dear friend.  May whom ever I bequeath you to take great care of your never failing motor, your turnable base, and countless attachments.  Happy trails to you.


RIP Oster - Thank you for years of service

6 comments:

  1. It will change your life, and your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome that you had your parents and that the machine has been going for so long--espceially since you use it so much! while i'm a bosch fan, i still think a kitchen aid is a worthy investment. have fun with big red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my Black KitchenAid 5-quart mixer for two years and absolutely love it! This is one purchase that you will never regret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will change your life, and your cookies.
    Thanks for post.

    kitchenaid artisan blender

    ReplyDelete