Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Scrubs!

I have been badly in need of new scrubs.  Don't get me wrong, I have a drawer full of them, they just all happen to be two or three times to large on me.  You may not remember this, but my camera sure does, but there used to be way more of me to love.  Right as I was starting to lose the weight, I left the hospital and went to work in a clinic that provided scrubs with the company logo on them.  Hence my own scrubs sat in a drawer for two years and were only pulled out recently when I started working at the hospital again.  I have needed to buy smaller ones for several months now, and tonight I finally did.  Check out what I got!


First Top - Alice In Wonderland.  Besides being cool and a big hit with the stoner crowd, I like them because you don't get many literary reference in scrub tops.  Plus we used to live on Lewis Carroll lane when I was younger so there you go.




Second Top - The Hulk.  How could I not get these?  I mean they are amazing right?  Plus if I get really pissed at work, I can just rip my top off and blame it on my inner monster.  I feel like that is a good plan.








Third Top - Iron Man - These might be my new favorites, dethroning my sushi scrubs.  It is a great color, a great character, and will surely make my key demographic turn their head in appreciation.  I mean if I have to wear shapeless smocks to work, I have to give the boys something to turn their heads at.


Fourth Top - Spiderman, spiderman, does what ever a spider can...  Now while I am excited about these, as you will see below, there were two other designs that I liked better but were special orders on ebay out of cotton material, which sucks in a scrub top.  I have several cotton tops that I never wear because they are constantly in a ball of wrinkly mess.  Cotton-Poly blend is the only way to go.




Here are some designs that I did not go with because as stated previously, they were all cotton.  I wish I could have each and everyone one of them.  Who does not love the Transformers?  I love cars.  I love robots.  Transformers are the best combo since chocolate met peanut butter, only they won't make me as big as I was in that first picture.








I loved this one because it was referring to a book, but also it was like I had a dirty word on me and no one could say anything about it.







I am pretty sure I would be obligated to eat pizza every time I wore these and be able to get into deep philosophical debates about why Leonardo has so much angst.  






While ordering these might have meant I would have to bone up on my marine history, be ordered to do push-ups on the nasty hospital floor, or try to make devil dog jokes that I don't really get that miss their mark, they still are pretty freaking cool.  I think Flip would approve, and they would be a great conversation piece with the night security guard, who just so happens to be an ex-Marine.  


While I think I like the first Transformer design better, this one still deserved mention.  Optimus Prime looks kinda bad-a in this one.







I already have a pair of Simpson's scrubs, but these take the best of those scrubs and add the "Where's Waldo" effect.  The only thing I would be worried about is where Bart might end up on my scrubs.  Then I would never quite know if my patient was a dirty old man, or taking the Bart challenge seriously.




These were the Spiderman ones I really wanted, but what is the point of having the Amazing Spiderman if he never leaves my drawer?  It would just be cruel.






Same goes here.  Look at those moves.  I just realized how limber Spidey has to be.  Do you think he works out?







I would have ordered these in a minute, but they are sold out.  Please feel free to order them for me for my birthday.  February 17.  I like pink bows.





While the last comment was kind of a joke, this one is not.  They are totally sold out of these and I cannot find them anywhere.  I would do unspeakable things for anyone who found these for me.  Extra-small, don't worry about the matching bottoms, I can find them later.  




While I have four pairs ordered, I will need plenty more.  Please feel free to link me any scrubs you think I would like or seem oddly appropriate for my personality.  Before you check Red, I already searched for Diet Coke with Lime scrubs to no avail.  

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I was wondering where you got your blue Iron Man scrubs; they're awesome! I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking everywhere for that alice in wonderland top, do you remember where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please tell me where you got that Alice in Wonderland top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get those alice scrubs. I have searched everywhere they are not available

    ReplyDelete